Welcome to BTA 3O – Information and Communication Technology
Lesson: Remember google applications?
1. Sign in to your gmail account. (Use GOOGLE Chrome as your browser)
2. Send Mr. Clarke (firstname.lastname@example.org) an email answering the following question
- Review the Course Information Sheet . Which areas outlined are the most interesting to you?
- What would you like to accomplish in those areas identified above?
- If you got to choose anything, related to computer applications, to learn more about in this class what would you like to learn about?
3. Update your igoogle home page for yourself by following the instructions below
- add or update the following google bookmarks: GDCI Homepage, this class note page, other bookmarks you use for school (ie other homework pages), any other bookmarks you feel you could use on this page
- if you have fish or hamsters, feed them, they are probably hungry since you might not have seen them for a year (optional)
- change your igoogle theme to reflect your interests (optional)
4. Find your resume in Google Docs and update it to reflect who you are, your experiences and what has happened to you since you last updated it. Print and hand in your resume.
Lesson: Search for a better notebook?
PBWorks is an adequate tool to keep our digital portfolio (notebook), but is there a better tool?
Assignment: In a group of 2 – Choose a WIKI, Blog, Website editor, Portfolio manager, notebook creator, or some other online tool and compare it to PB Works as it relates to managing a digitial portfolio. Think of the following questions when reviewing your application?
What do you like about your application?
What do you not like about your application?
What is better then / not as good as PB Works?
Would you recommend your application to the class to replace PB Works as our digital portfolio (notebook) manager?
You will make a quick presentation of your findings to the class.
Class Discussion: Which do you want to use?
Assignment: Create a notebook for our class and copy our notes so far into the notebook using your chosen application (WordPress, Blogger, Evernote)
Link to Notebooks
What is Web 2.0? – Research Assignment
Watch this video – by founder of the term Web 2.0 – explaining what he thinks the term means)
Create a report (new google doc document ) outlining what you think the term web 2.0 means?
Your report should include text in paragraph form (not point form), links to where you found information, and any pictures or videos you would like to include.
Where to start:
– watch the video at the top of this assignment
– go to Wikipedia – do a search for web 2.0 and read along
– use other sites as you feel necessary